Community Support in Response to COVID-19
Make a difference and meet the needs of our local mission partners.
We are working directly with five local mission partners to provide food to those they serve. You can help by:
- Shop for items on the list below and deliver them to DBC, or
- Order items on the list and have them delivered to your own home for our volunteers to pick up, or
- Donate Funds
We will accept food donations on campus Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 am to 1 pm in front of the the Student Center. Our goal is to distribute donations to our partners on those days as well.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Receive and assemble food bags/boxes at the DBC Student Center, Monday and Wednesday, 9 am – 1 pm.
- Deliver food to mission partners.
- Pick up food donated by DBC. Some people may order food and have it delivered to their house or share some of their own stock. Volunteers are needed to go and pick up items from doorsteps or garages and bring to DBC.
***No more than five volunteers per shift will be sorting and assembling food bags. Gloves will be provided to each volunteer.
To volunteer, email and give us the role you would like to serve (receive & assemble, deliver, or pick up from DBC members houses).
Master List of Requested Supplies:
- Maseca Flower
- Quaker Oats
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Pasta Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Energy Bars
- Fruit Cups
- Peanut Butter Crackers
- Granola Bars
- Microwave Popcorn
- Individual Bags of Chips
- Microwaveable containers of mac n’ cheese
- Bottle of water
- Canned Soup with snap top lid
- plastic fork, spoon and knife set, napkin
- Full bag of fruit
- Package of Rice
- Package of Dried Beans
- Canned Whole Kernel Corn
- Canned Meat (tuna or chicken)
- Zip lock bags
- Paper bags large and small