Each winter, we offer basketball for boys and girls in Kindergarten through high school. Placement is based on age by September 1, 2022. To maintain a competitive balance among teams, evaluations are done at the beginning of each season. Ages seven and up will practice and have one game each week. A new format has been developed for 5 and 6-year-olds. See below for all the details.
Registration closed Wednesday, November 2. With capacity reduced this season, we expect teams to fill up fast. Please register early to ensure a spot!
Placement is based on age as of September 1, 2022.
- 5 & 6-year-old Coed
- 7 & 8-year-old Boys & Girls
- 9 & 10-year-old Boys & Girls
- 11 & 12-year-old Boys & Girls
- 13 & 14-year-old Boys & Girls
- 15 & 16-year-old Boys & Girls
- 17 through 19-year-old High School Boys and Girls
- Adult League: 18 +
11-year-olds and up play in the Metro Dunwoody League.
No school players or AAU teams are allowed.
The new format for 5 and 6-year-olds: This is a one-day-only program with no weekday practices. Our innovative program structure allows for coaching consistency and creates a positive and energetic environment for young players to learn the fundamentals of basketball. Each session will consist of motor skill development through basketball-related drills followed by fun games and activities. Each week will conclude with a game. Teams will be formed after the first two clinics. The hour will consist of 30 minutes of skill development and a 30-minute game.
Fees include a jersey (shirt only).
1st Child in Same Family: $195
2nd Child in Same Family: $185
3rd Child in Same Family: $175
Dates to Remember
All dates are tentative and are subject to change.
Evaluations (full schedule is below)
Ages 7-14: November 5
(No evaluations for 5 & 6-year-olds)
Week of November 14
Pregame clinic for 5 and 6-year-olds will be Thursday, December 1 at 5:30pm. You will receive your team assignment and jerseys at this time.
No Games or Practices
|December 20-January 2. Practices will resume Tuesday, January 3.|
|Saturday, January 21|
Tournament (11-year-olds & up)
Week of January 23
|7 & 8 Boys & Girls||Saturday, November 5||
10:00 -10:45 am
|9 & 10 Boys & Girls||Saturday, November 5||
|11 & 12 Boys & Girls||Saturday, November 5||12:00-12:45pm|
|13 & 14 Boys & Girls||Saturday, November 5||1:00-1:45pm|
Practices begin week of November 14 and are held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Practices for ages 7 and up are one hour long and begin at 5, 6, 7, and 8pm. Upon registering, you may choose one day you cannot practice, and we will do our best not to place your child on a team that practices that day.
- All games and practices for 5 & 6-year-olds will be played on Saturdays from 9-9:45 am in the DBC Sports Center Gym.
- Games for 7 - 10-year-olds will be on Saturdays.
- 11-year-olds and up could have a game on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and a possible Sunday game if necessary.
- Some of these games will be at other Metro Dunwoody League locations.
- Game Dates for Saturdays: December 3, 10, 17, January 7, 14, 21
Additional weekday games may be scheduled.
Same Team Request Policy
Our goal is to create a fun and competitive environment for all participates. This season, we will accept same team request. Each team is allowed two official coaches, one head coach, and one assistant coach, who are guaranteed to have their kids on their team.
If you withdraw before November 7, your fee (less $20) will be refunded. Once practices begin, you will not be eligible to receive a refund. All refunds are at the discretion of the Sports Center Director.
Evaluations will be held for all players ages 7 and up. These players must be evaluated before they are allowed to participate.
- Entrance: Enter through the door in the lower level parking lot.
- Exit: Exit through the patio door to the parking lot.
- For the safety of our players, only one side of the court will be utilized for each game. This does not apply to full-court games.
- For the safety of our families, only three spectators will be allowed per child. The Sports Center Director must approve special circumstances.
- Everyone must exit between games and re-enter if you have a child in the next group.
- Masks are optional for everyone.
- Social distancing measures will be in place to keep everyone safe.