What is Explore?
Explore is a relaxed, discussion-style gathering that focuses on what we believe and why we do what we do. During Explore, we...
- Share our personal stories and experiences with each other
- Learn about the specific principles that guide DBC’s worship, Bible study and outreach opportunities
- Discuss the basics of a life yielded to God, which include salvation in Christ, baptism and spiritual formation
Attending Explore is one of the requirements for membership at DBC.
Why is membership important?
At Dunwoody Baptist Church, members understand and affirm the mission of DBC and give their energy, time, spiritual gifts and financial resources to help accomplish this mission:
We are passionately becoming more like Jesus, and are committed to transforming our homes, church, community and the world.
- As followers of Jesus, we should seek to mature in faith, understanding and service with fellow believers.
- Membership identifies that a person has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The New Testament places a major emphasis on the need for Christians to be accountable to each other, and making a commitment to a church family provides opportunity for spiritual accountability.
How do I become a member of DBC?
- Attend Explore. This session is designed as a relaxed, small-group atmosphere in which you can learn more about DBC and get all of your questions answered.
- Determine if you will join DBC by statement of faith or as a transfer from another church where you previously participated in Believer’s Baptism; or be baptized by immersion at DBC.
- Confer with our Assimilation Coordinator, Katy Swilley, about the specific date you would like to officially join DBC.
- Consider taking part in Equip. This five part spiritual formation course was designed by DBC’s Discipleship Pastor, Bo Bowen, for everyone in our church to experience. By focusing on specific spiritual practices, you will mature as a devoted and active follower of Jesus.
Our upcoming Explore sessions are listed below. Please RSVP for the session you plan to attend using the form on the event page.