In 2 Corinthians 9:11 we are told, “You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
When you leave a gift to the DBC Foundation’s Legacy Giving Program in your will or in an irrevocable trust, you leave an estate gift that reflects your heavenly perspective.
By investing intentionally in DBC’s ministries and mission causes, you can continue to bring significant change to thousands of people while achieving the highest purpose of bringing glory to God.
The DBC Foundation is a non-profit organization and was created in 1983 to faithfully manage estate gifts through a third-party investment manager. The first large estate gift was made by the Cecil B. Day family. Thanks to the accumulating power of time and money, that initial gift plus the additional gifts of others has already distributed over $7 million to kingdom-building mission causes and it continues to do contribute to mission causes today.
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. 2 Corinthians 9:11
Ways to Make a Legacy Gift to the DBC Foundation
By completing your estate planning, you provide directions which will reflect your wishes. When you designate a gift to the DBC Foundation’s Legacy Giving Program, you share the love of Jesus and make an eternal difference with your will and trusts and financial estate. Gifts of any size are gratefully accepted. Contact a DBC Foundation board member to assist you today!
- Name the DBC Foundation as a full or partial beneficiary in your will for a specific amount or a percentage of your estate. (Volunteer lawyers from the church can help you make adjustments to your will at no cost to you.)
- Name the DBC Foundation as a full or partial beneficiary of your retirement accounts, pension account or life insurance policy.
- Create a charitable remainder trust to invest an asset that eventually passes to the DBC Foundation upon the execution of your estate.
- Create a charitable lead trust with an asset that makes payments to the Foundation for a specified term before it terminates.
- Make cash or stock gifts directly to the Foundation.
About the Foundation
The Foundation is a legal vehicle created by DBC and is managed by a board of directors. Each board member is elected by the church and is a DBC Member and/or staff member, including our Senior Pastor.
This Board is charged with overseeing third party investment managers who professionally invest the donated funds into prudent well diversified instruments that provide long-term investment returns. The Board evaluates needs and oversees disbursements.
They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life. 1 Timothy 6:18-19
Contact the DBC Foundation Board
Contact the DBC Foundation board to assist you with your estate plan. They will ensure your gift will be securely invested and distributed to support the missions and ministries of DBC for years to come.