Youth Basketball 2021/2022
Each winter we offer basketball for boys and girls in Kindergarten through high school, based on current grade. 1st grade and up will practice and have one game each week. In order to maintain a competitive balance among teams, evaluations are done at the beginning of each season for 1st grade and up. A new format has been developed for Kindergarten. See below for all the details!
Registration Closes Monday, November 1
With capacity reduced this season, we expect teams to fill up fast. Please register early to ensure a spot!
Please note that dates are tentative and are subject to change.
- Entrance: Park on lower level and enter through double doors off parking lot
- Exit: Out patio double doors to the parking lot
- For the safety of our players, only one side of the court will be utilized for each game (does not apply to full court games)
- For the safety of our families, only 3 spectators will be allowed per child. (Special circumstance must be approved by Sports Director)
- Courts and basketballs will be sanitized after each game
- Times will be rotated to allow 15 minutes between games. This will allow time for families to leave before new families enter
- Everyone must exit between games and re-enter if you have a child in the next group
- Mask are optional for everyone.
- Social distancing measures will be in place to keep everyone safe.
Based on Current School Year 2021-2022
New Format for Kindergarten
This is a ONE DAY ONLY program with no weekday practices. Our innovative program structure allows for coaching consistency along with creating a positive and energetic environment for young players to learn the fundamentals of basketball. Coach Kai Willis will be here each week to lead the clinics. Each session will consist of motor skill development through basketball related drills followed by fun games and activities for the children to enjoy. Each week will conclude with a game allowing players to learn from the game itself. Teams will be formed after the first two clinics. The one hour will consist of 30 minutes of skill development and a 30 minute game.
- Kindergarten Coed
- 1st & 2nd Grade Boys & Girls
- 3rd & 4th Grade Boys & Girls
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys & Girls
5th Grade and up leagues play in the Metro Dunwoody League.
- 7th thru 9th Grade Girls
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys
- High School Boys (9th & 10th/11th & 12th)
PLEASE NOTE: NO SCHOOL PLAYERS OR AAU TEAMS ALLOWED!
Fees include jersey (shirt only)
1st Child in Same Family: $180
2nd Child in Same Family: $170
3rd Child in Same Family: $160
Dates to Remember
Evaluations (full schedule is below)
Kindergarten: No Evaluations
1st & 2nd Grade: November 4
3rd & 4th Grade: November 4
5th & Up: November 4
|Practices Begin||Week of November 8|
|See Clinics Page|
Week of December 6
For all ages
No Games or Practices
|Week of November 22 & December 20 - January 1|
|Saturday, February 12|
Tournament for 5th Grade & Up
|Week of February 14|
Practices are held on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (if necessary). Practices for 3rd grade and up are one hour in length and begin at 6, 7 and 8 pm. Upon registering you may choose one day that you CANNOT practice and we will do our best not to place your child on a team that practices that day.
- All games and practices for Kindergarten will be played on Saturdays from 9-9:45 am in the DBC Sports Center Gym.
- 1st - 4th grade boys and girls games will be on Saturdays.
- Boys and girls in 5th grade and up could have a game on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and a possible Sunday game if necessary.
- Some of these games will be at other Metro Dunwoody League locations.
Game Dates for Saturdays
December 11, 18, January 8, 15, 22, 29, Feb. 5, 12
Same Team Request Policy
Our goal is to have a competitive balance among teams, therefore there are no same team requests. Siblings are the only guarantee to be placed on the same team unless otherwise noted. Also, each team is allowed two official coaches, one head coach and one assistant coach, who are guaranteed to have their kids on their team.
If you withdraw for any reason before November 1, your fee (less $20) will be refunded. Once practices begin you will not be eligible to receive a refund. All refunds are at the discretion of the Sports Center Director.
Mandatory evaluations will be held for all players in 3rd grade and up. These players must be evaluated before they are allowed to participate.
2021-2022 Basketball Evaluations
|1st & 2nd Grade Boys & Girls||Thursday, November 4||
|3rd & 4th Grade Boys & Girls||Thursday, November 4||
|5th & 6th Grade Boys & Girls||Thursday, November 4||7:00 pm|
|7th & 8th Grade Boys & 7th - 9th Grade Girls||Thursday, November 4||7:00 pm|