Cross-Cultural Ministries serves the disadvantaged of DeKalb County and puts God’s love into action through educational and discipleship programs. CCM rents an apartment or uses a common room in the community so that children, youth and adults in the surrounding apartment complexes can easily receive free homework assistance, attend supplementary educational programs, English and Bible classes.
In DeKalb County, 140 languages and dialects are represented in classrooms. Where CCM serves, schools are overcrowded, understaffed, under-resourced, old and outdated, with 35 or more students to one teacher in a class. Discouraged in school, 60% of students in these areas drop out by 8th grade. CCM is currently serving 160 students every day and has seen 94% of students graduate from high school.
Dunwoody Baptist Church has supported CCM since 2007. Demand for educational assistance is at an all-time high and CCM wants to meet the needs of the community. Volunteers work in weekly school-year educational programs or special events and summer programs. To learn more about Cross-Cultural Ministries including learning how to become a volunteer or provide direct financial support, visit their website.
Kevin, now a 4th grade boy, started with us in the 1st grade. He is the oldest of 5 children. Kevin was struggling with reading and math. He said his problem was "I'm stupid." Kevin no longer believes that because he has improved his reading and math skills. Memorizing the weekly Scripture verse has made an impact on him and increased his ability to focus. His parents see the difference too.
Impact the lives of children through education! Can you give a morning one day a week or an hour once a week?
- Cross-Cultural Ministries hosts a virtual classroom at Pearl Lane on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30-12:30 for 1st through 3rd grade students. They have no internet at home and their parents are unable to assist.
- In the afternoon, the CCM Pearl Lane School assists and tutors 14 students each hour between 1:00 pm and 5:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- CCM is following all the COVID-19 guidelines so that the children in the area can be assisted educationally.
- CCM is called to demonstrate God's love through educational assistance to under-resourced and disadvantaged families. You can make a difference in the lives and education of the children and their parents at Pearl Lane by giving a morning or an hour once a week.
For more detailed information, please email Allison Bernstein or call 440.655.2802.
Pearl Lane is located at 3522 Shallowford Rd, Duplex A, Chamblee, GA 30341.
- Pray that God continues to open up the heart of the children in their program.
- Pray for more tutor volunteers and laptops for those at HOPE.
- Pray that God continues to provide.