Celebrate Recovery exists to foster fellowship and celebrate God's healing power in our lives. We connect with God's healing power through worship and focus on God's message of hope found in Scripture, the recovery principles from the Beatitudes, and the Christ-centered 12 Steps. Healing is available through applying the principles of a Bible-based recovery process to our life.
SundayS at 6pm
adult classrooms building - Ashford Dunwoody facing chapel Entrance - Room A202
6pm: General Meeting & Worship
7pm: Gender Specific Break-out Sessions
Food will not be provided.
How It Works
We begin to grow spiritually by working through the Christ-centered 12 steps and applying their Biblical principles. We become free from our compulsive, dysfunctional, and addictive behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others. As we progress through the program, we discover our personal, loving, and forgiving higher power—Jesus Christ.
Who is CR for?
CR is for anyone with a hurt, habit, or hang-up. A hurt, habit, or hang-up is something that hinders our walk with God. These life problems can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones!
- The feeling of being hurt is an emotional reaction to another person's behavior or a disturbing situation. (abuse, abandonment, codependency, divorce, rejection, relationship issues, etc.)
- A habit is an addiction to alcohol, drugs, food, gambling, pornography, shopping, smoking, etc.
- Hang-ups are negative mental attitudes used to cope with people or adversity. (anger, depression, fear, shame, unforgiveness, etc.)
CR meets on Sundays for group worship followed by share group break-outs (by gender).
- Women’s Substance Abuse
- Women’s Non-substance Abuse
- Men’s Mixed Issues
CR Share Groups will: Provide you with a safe place to share your experiences, strengths, and hopes with others who are going through a Christ-centered recovery. Provide you with a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up, or habit that will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular principle each week. Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or a sponsor. Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week.
CR Share Groups will not: Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors. Allow its members to attempt to fix one another.
CR's 5 Rules
- Limit sharing time by focusing on one's feelings, thoughts
- No cross-talk
- We support each other, not "fix" another
- Anonymity and Confidentiality are basic requirements
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group